MOTORSHOW2017 : NOT ONLY 4 WHEELS

Good morning fellas!
One week without writing anything.
Damn, I know.
I did not do it...
By the way, this week, only for you my fellas, TWO posts!
I'm not the Grinch!
Christmas Gifts for everybody!


There was a time when you spell "Motorshow" and children and kids, adults,  forever young forever Peter Pans, were impressed for long.
A great International Expo, the Best Car Brands in all the world, the Best exhibitions outside: F1, Rally, Mx, Drift, and Freestyle!
And all these in a time when the Internet was only a www. or mail to read/mail to write, Napster and the beginning of Youtube Kingdome.
What you see in the first days of December there, Cars, Concept Girls and Moto, Rally car and Formula 1, were a joy for eyes and real previews, that you will see on the roads after months or years, or reading magazines.
Days of simple pleasure, to see, test drive, to feel and to be part of something great...
Those Days were forgotten.
Crisis. 
Like a Judge leveled out qualities and inequalities. 
Everything changed.
Forever.
Productions were reduced.
Fewer cars and motorcycles.
The perception of "own" a car seems to be old, ancient.
New standards were arriving early.
Leasing, car sharing and many more.
This new wave contrasts with the concept of having, owning.

You don't own me
I'm not just one of your many toys

I don't know if it's right or not. But I'm sure that we have to say thanks to this escamotage if all the auto and motorcycle field restarted well like the last three years.

Meanwhile, Motorshow got older.
Watching the economic decadence without do nothing.
Numbers. Cruel but incapable of lying:
2006 - around 1'200'000 guests
2007 - 1'123'649
2008 - 970'000
2009 - 400'000
2010 - 800'000
2011 - 856'000
2012 - 450'011
2013 - CANCELED
2014 - 300'00
2015 - CANCELED
2016 - 237'000
2017 - 280'000

Hope, and to give confidence to this Event.
The Live streaming killed a little bit the joy of participation, to take the train, face the cold and have and spend a good time. Maybe.
But, let me say, it's our fault.
It's easy to pass judgment without participating.

Dark times ended.

The Show Must go on!
Bologna Fiere it's now the new captain of Motorshow, I can only say:
Good Luck Cpt!
And well done this year!

Let me begin Fellas!
Press Pass.
Scan.
In.
 Aaah Motorshow!
Today it's the first day for everybody!
I had to participate the day before to a convention. No way, my work blocked me in Riccione.
No worry fellas now you are here with me.
But, as you know, I want to find something special in every EXPO or Event I partecipate.
So..
Let's go and take a look.

MOTORSPORT CLASSIC SECTION

We love engines.
We adore burning gasoline.
Turning fire into speed, power, thrills.


PORSCHE

CARRERA RS

356 COUPE'

911



LANCIA
STRATOS

Ferrari Dino engine and transmission
Gruppo 5 first and Gruppo 4
2410cc
190hp stock model
270-420hp rally specs
980kg
1974 1975 1976 WRC Champions



MONTECARLO TURBO

Gruppo 4
1425.9cc
480hp
980kg
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.








DELTA HF INTEGRALE 16V RALLY KENYA 1991

Gruppo A
1995cc
200hp stock
395hp Gruppo A

1989 1990 1991


FIAT
PANDAKAR




HALL EXPOSITION


LAMBORGHINI

AVENTADOR


HURACAN PERFORMANTE



HONDA 

NSX



FERRARI
126 CK
UNFORGETTABLE GILLES
VILLENEUVE 27






LEMANS

CITROEN


Nice?
OUTSIDE





What do you think?
I think we need to go on!

And well..
You know.. I love motorcycles.


MV AGUSTA
F3 675 SUPERSPORT


DUCATI

PANIGALE R WSBK CHAZ DAVIES


SUPERSPORT

KTM
SPECIAL ENDURO



HONDA
CRF 450 DAKAR


BMW
SPECIAL



KAWASAKI
KX 250



BIMOTA
DB5



BOTTPOWER
PIKES PEAK PROJECT



Cars are exotics, sexy, but damn, seems to be in front of a TV, a fuckin fast TV, but always sitting on a seat.
Big engine, huge powers..
But heavy weight if compared to motorcycles.

On two wheels the risks increase.

Need more attention.
Concentration.
The wind against you, your body and your modern horse.
This is the true spirit of riding a motorcycle.
You are free to do everything.
And for only one-second imagine to be in another time.
Early 900's.
No smartphone connected to your bike.


No full-face helmet to use while riding.
No Abs.
Imagine to be a pioneer of motorsport.
A hero on two wheels.
A rebel.


A man who loves the great escape.
Open your eyes.
Please to meet you Mr. Battilani.



Mr. excuse me, but when did you begin?
When did you realize that motorbikes will have the first role in your life?
"Well, it's not easy to answer.
But when are only a child, and from three years old till school, you spent all the time in the garden with a T iron bars on your hands muttering BRRRRRRRRRR, BRRRRRRRRRRUUUUM BRAAAAAAM..
You can well imagine what I thought.
My first motorcycle was an old Harley Davidson, old and broken, bought with a friend of mine when we were young.



We spent months to repair this Flag of freedom.
No mechanics wanted to help us.
So we had to do everything with our forces.
And it was amazing.
The Harley back to life again!
And very soon also the police noticed about.
A policeman, one day when I was riding with my friend, saw us for the first time.
I didn't know what he thought in that moment, but he was directing traffic and damn...
Traffic crashed.
He was thunderstruck.
We never passed on that street.
And years fly. You grow up. Army service. Family. But you know, if you got that love..
It's like a flame. that continue to burn.
I had to wait years to ride again another bike.
But since that time, I never stop."

I spent a good time Mr.Battilani.
Thanks.
I promise I will come to see you!
But we have to move on.

And after only few steps..



Post più popolari