MISANOCLASSICWEEKEND - MOTORBIKEEXPO: A BRIDGE TO THE KINGDOM OF CUSTOM

Goodmorning Goodmorning my dear Goodfellas.
But could also be afternoon, and so Goodafternoon Goodafternoon Goodfellas.
Or maybe night, and so... Ok, you understand me, right?
How are you? All ok??
Hope 2018 it started well, full throttle to the right way!
Well, what about me?
After almost 2 years I see the end for my 1972 Lotus model scale.
By the way, Do you know which kind of the event there is Verona next week?
No?
Really?
(and for everybody who knows that, enjoy this literary delirium)
Ok, follow me and come on ...




INTO THE TRACK

Once upon a time..
(Around 1972)
In a land called Motorvalley
(before their own citizens were aware of  it all the way)
There lay a track
(a very fast track)
At the edge of the sea.


I wish..

And on this track

More than anything

The best riders of all the time

More than soccer
More than basketball

Raced and challenged for glory and honor

To see these pioneers once again on those rockets.


You have to know that before the 70's in Romagna we used to race on public streets.
No security advises needed.
Only a few simple rules:
If you make a mistake, it may have a heavy cost.
No regrets, they always paid it gladly.
Not for a cup.
But to see where to find the limits.
Thier own limits.
Speed, power, horsepower, precarious balance.
A danger mix that can be highly addictive.
Bergamonti on his MV died on a rainy Sunday during one of these races.



This fact marked the stop to the "MOTOTEMPORADA".
Forever.

1971
Like a rude advice, the next year SANTA MONICA was officially unveiled.

After so many years, I'm there.
In our Speed Temple.
And..
I'm excited as a child.


Misano Classic Week-End is an amazing event where old classic racing bikes, but not so old in fact can participate bikes from 70's, race for a weekend in competitions valid for the National and International championships (Endurance, Battle of the Twin..).





And meanwhile..


The Norton as white as milk,


the Desmo as red as blood,

Bimota as yellow as corn,

the rims as pure as gold…


You can stand in the paddock, talk with the riders, mechanics, everybody.
A very quiet environment.
I love that feeling.

The way is clear,
The light is good,
I have no fear,
Nor no one should.
The tracks are just streets,
The streets are just routes
No need to be afraid there




Into the track
Without delay,
But careful not
To lose the way.
Into the track
Who knows what may
Be lurking on the journey?



Into the track
To get the thing
That makes it worth
The journeying.



Into the track
To see-
To sell-
To get-
To bring-
To make-
To lift-
To go to the Festival



Into the track
Into the track
Into the track
Then out of the track
And home before dark!




In the parking area a lot of temporary shops, where to find the impossible goods, motorcycle parts, leather suits, handmade objects and much more.

And..
In the middle of the circuit parking, there is also the Customs Square.
Why? you could ask me.

At first, well, I asked myself the same question.
At the end of the weekend, I had the answer.
After a long talk with a great man called Livio, a friend of mine, I hope, I understood.


He explained me a very valuable notion: to preserve the memory with something similar.
Maybe it could not be the same as the original one. But a clear reference to those glorious bikes.
Custom is not only big America V-Twin engines with extreme frames and suspensions.
In recent years we can see that there is also a new strand in the Custom area.



The Vintage.
Ok, all quiet on the Western front, thanks, Editor.


Right Right, but all the news come from the famous factory (like Triumph, Ducati, BMW, Honda, and much more).
But all of these Brands arrived at this point because of a lot of Customizers, like real artists, created real works of art.



Taking inspiration from the past.



And like a Flag in this heavy sea, MOTORBIKEEXPO brings everybody in Verona, the rendezvous point in January: 18-21.January.2018.

MOTORBIKE EXPO MAIN SPONSOR OF MISANOCLASSIC WEEKEND.








And the time is really close.
I have to go.
I have to see.
I have to know.
I have to explore.
And in one moment it's already Spring Time.
By the way, if you love like me motorcycles, customizations, girls and to have fun..
Damn what are you waiting for??

See you in Verona Fellas!






































Post più popolari