BIMOTA GOLDEN AGE! SEPTEMBRACE

Goodmorning Goodmorning my dear GOODFELLAS!
The summer is very close to the end.
The days are a little bit colder.
But DAMN! I live in Romagna, and the motorcycle season it's not over yet!

SEPTEMBER.
No, I start to call this month "SEPTEMBRACE"!
Cause here we had a lot of events associated with motorbikes:
MotoGP

La Rossa e il Lungomare

Mostrascambio Imola

 Benelli Week


 and by a nose the #MISANOCLASSICWEEKEND!

I took one week to understand which way I had to take with the blog...
And so, move on!
A lot of ideas and posts to let you know how many amazing things involve in Romagna, in Italy!
You will discover with me the old Benelli Factory, now the Benelli Museum, I will come back to Paolo Girotti to talk again about moto, better, about Bimota (you know right what happened in the last week!?), Ducati Museum, MisanoClassicWeekEnd, Eicma 2017 and some say VR46.
By the way, I don't want to waste your precious time with my ramblings!
This is the last chapter about my trip started months ago when I met Mr.Girotti, the Man behind BIMOTACLASSICPARTS .


I read also the book of this journalist, writer, but first of all, a Rider.
Saverio Livosi, who wrote this book, the BIMOTA BIBLE, with Giuseppe Morri.
This is the Bible, called L'ERA D'ORO BIMOTA.


Ps, if you are interested, Mr.Morri will be at Misanoclassicweekend to sign the book!!
By the way:

BIMOTA IN RACE AND COMPETITION

Cause this is what I talk.
Because if most Italian Motorcycle Brands start with street production, changing some parts to challenge in the motorcycle racing, in Romagna a little factory who made since her birth radiators, made the exact opposite.
Bimota started from the race.
Bimota was born to run, race, challenge and win.
Started all with some Kits, to apply to standard bikes, and then they evolved their production creating a considerable success story!
This is my personal chart, an essential selection.
And if you need more info ( and trust me, you will have), please contact Paolo Girotti cause he is for sure a real Bimota Man, like I wrote in my first post! He will give all the answers.
Hey ho.
Let's go!
PRE HB1 KIT

Now, legend has it that this bike was the first prototype, a real pre-series, of HB1 KIT made by Massimo Tamburini. You can see this one off at MUSEO DEL MOTOCICLO, based in Riccione.
The Boss will explain also the second story behind, about the (first?!) owner, Mr.Matteone, patron of Matteoni racing, and he swears about the fact that he used this bike to challenge without the Bimota Kit.
I prefear to trust at the first story, maybe i'm blind, but there are a lot of elements that connect this bike to the HB1 KIT. 
Paolo, let us know something!

KB1
1970

I can tell you that the beauty is equipped with a 4 in line capable of providing 83 horsepower.
In the 70's, not bad right?!
This bike is exposed at Bimota Classic Parts showroom and it is the second series.
Unique beauty. Only 570 pieces were made.
This is what I mean for instant classic or timeless design.

HDB1
1976/77

Heard nothing about this powerful oil burner! Thank you Saverio and Paolo, I will never stop learning!
An amazing 500 ccTwo stroke. 90 horsepower!! for only 135Kg (297lbs).
What a partnership: Aermacchi, Harley Davidson and Bimota!

SB2
1977/79

If she was a movie, she'd be called Back to the Future!
GREAT SCOTT!
A breakline felt like an earthquake in the motorcycle design!
The long tubes that run along the body could catch the exhausts, but for a lot of mechanical and design problems, they will host an extension of the fuel tank. (Saverio Livosi quote).

DB1
1985/89

The first bike after Massimo.
Impossible to not talk about a real Milestone that stipulates a new partnership between two amazing reality: Ducati engine inside a Bimota frame.

With the DB1 RS a lot of riders challenger in the most national and international motorcycle championship scoring amazing numbers!

85 horsepower 750cc, in R spec., the bike loses also a lot of kilos and tips the scale at 128 Kg dry weight.
And what about the livery? I think that this a full Made in Italy bike.

SB8R
1998/00

Vtwin, 996cc, 135 horsepower.
Seems to remind you of something, don't it?
Well, this engine will not say "GRAZIE", translated in "thank you", but will say to all of you domo arigato, どうもありがとう. 
Suzuki TL 1000 engine moves only 179 Kg around worldwide tracks in WSBK.
Only 10 for the Superbike, one of them ridden by Anthony Gobert.
And won in Australia, Philipp Island.

BIMOTA TESI
1983/TODAY






And stop.
It's like a bad clam in your mouth? No worry, I write a lot on this sexy bomb.
She is the only one of her kind. 
You can reach and read all my posts here:
With her subversive design, trust me, she broke all the patteners.
Desmo inside, Omega frame. Tesi Trademark.

Well.
This is the end, my only friend, The End.
But I promise that I will back to Chiusi to beat about the bush, Paolo, this is a menace!
Jokes aside, Please contact Paolo or visit his world in CHIUSI, very close to PERUGIA! 
You will catch a lot of info, pics, see a lot of bikes.
And after all, you will fall in love with Bimota.
For Sure.
All the pics belong to Paolo and BIMOTA CLASSIC PARTS.
A great thank also to Saverio Livosi, for this great book:
You can buy this Bible at Bimota Classic Parts.
And Bye my friends!
Bye my goodfellas, and stay tuned for the translation of LA ROSSA E IL LUNGOMARE !!
© Riproduzione Riservata





Post più popolari