MOTORLEGEND FESTIVAL 2018

GoooooodMorning my Fellas!
How are you!
I have got some catching up to do!
And so...
Come on, let's take a ride and follow me in my joyride!
But first, a great Thanks to The Junkers!
I won a contest, and my duty was to send a pic of my Beloved.
Me and my Beloved.
Dilemma. Cause I got some of beloved..
Idea!
And that is the result!

From this old pic, the Motorcycle Illustratior, aka Illustrator Wizard called The Junkers made the Magic!
Ok, it' simply amazing, and I have not to gloat, I know, but it's really great, Chiara, Bilbo, my beloved Hypermotards and me.
What else!?

Okok, stop talking about me, and it's time to leave!
Highway, wind against our soul, to clean our mind, our thoughts flew away, and Imola is increasingly close.
Tollbooth, pay the tolls. Done?
No? Why?
Ah, right! These damned cars in single file, traffic here!? Really!?
Yes my Fellas, but don't lose patience.
Stay calm inside. We have to wait for our time to...
To?
To be part of something astonishing!


This is a premiere, the first edition of a well-tested format, called Rally Legend, that for a long time every year gather thousands Rally fans in San Marino.
Here it's changing a little bit the spell: the best of best of the Holy Beasts of the Motorsport on tracks.
From the ripper tires on four wheels, the glorious Formula1, through the Endurance, passing by the screamers TwoStroke, the impossible dreams called 500GP.
But, quietly.
Don't get mad!
First: the accreditation.
I swear it will take only 5 minutes.
("% minutes after)

Come on, trust me, we will be inside in a whisper.
(After some sneeze and cough)
Ok, let me introduce you Master Livio, who got the knowledge and the cure of the Museo Ducati, but before, he is simply a real friend for me, a great man, as Gigi, his brother.
I have to say thanks for their patience with me.
I use to ask, ask and ask.
And they always reply to my questions.
Ciao Davide! Ciao Jacopo!
These two are a sort of  Guru of the DesmoDue.
You can't fool Mr. 750 F1 and Pantah!
Pass?
Taken!
What are we waiting for!?


Martini, a nameable to summon memories never forgotten.
Thunderclap, rumble, and roar.
Surface-to-Surface missiles, high precision in all conditions.
And the combo with Lancia was simply unbeatable.

DELTA SAFARI RALLY


F1 BRABHAM MARTINI BT44B

A Gordon Murray's creature. Conceived to challenge in 1974 Formula1 championship.
With its wedge design and a specific aerodynamic study, this piece of Motorsport won only 5 GP and raced 38 GP.


The Le Mans Killer Queen: PORSCHE 917 STREET LEGAL

(WHATDAHELLLLLLLLL!?)


Made in only 40 pieces, only a few cars obtained the homologation for street use.
This is the 917-037, and it has the 95% of original parts in common with the 917-030 owned by Count Rossi.
The road to the full homologation it's as easy as I write, but with a lot of common parts with the 030.
This crusade started in 2016, has seen the end this year.
Open your eyes, close and open again.
Yes, she is alive..
With its flat-12 5000cc able to produce 580hp at 8400rpm, the ludicrous mode of Tesla, it's really ludicrous, or laughable.
Only 800Kg  (wet weight).

Rare and unique, as Count Rossi One.


ALFA ROMEO 155 V6 Ti MARTINI RACING

12000rpm, limited. High.
Too high.
Flat bottom, able to generate something around 800kg of downforce (!!).
V6 engine, 2500cc equipped with an advanced pneumatic valve system (for those years, 1993-1996).
490Hp.
Challenged in 89 race and it won 38, 19 pole position.
When Alfa ruled the DTM.

LANCIA LC1

Group 6, World Sportscar Championship.
Archnemesis of the Killer Queen, her majesty Porsche 956.
Made in only 4 pieces.
In 8 race, she won 3 times, started 3 times from the pole.
1425cc and 450hp, yes, you've read well, gained the best power to weight ratio.

LANCIA LC2

Lancia threw down the gauntlet for Porsche.
V8 developed by Lancia and made in Maranello by Ferrari.
3014cc, and during the race a limited power of 680hp.
But during the qualifications. with an overboost the driver could use the engine in Full Power mode.
How many Hp?
No, you don't wanna know.
Trust me.
850-1000hp.
850Kg.

A Vesper Martini, thanks.
Shaken not stirred Sir.

1 minute to take a breathe.
 LANCIA BETA MONTECARLO TURBO


And all these sexy bombs in the hall of the Media Center.

Patrese, please a pic!

Thanks!

Arnoux!
Thanks again!

Inside the Media Center.
Listen to Mino!
The MotoGP milestone:
GIACOMO AGOSTINI

The link that joins Two Wheels, the bloody dangerous Two Wheels, and Four Wheels, the too fast Four Wheels.
Alive, after the darkest years of the street circuits, after a lot of TT, after the passage from the 4 stroke to the 2 stroke, after a lot of challengers.
Great challengers, the best of the rest.
Paso, Yarno, Phil, Walter, Angelo, Marco, Otello, Mike, Barry and many others.
Year after year.

He also tried to race in Formula2, first, and in Formula1, with not so good results.
And in the middle, he was 15 times World champions.
He wrote the most important page in the MotoGP. With 123 wins he is still the best.
Only one man could try to beat his record.


What are you thinking about Vale?


But now, it's time to see what happens outside!
Come with me in the paddock, though the box, and on track.
Motorbike time now.

Time to think about "HOW WINNING AM I ?"


122?
123?
Muble Muble.. Could Vale reach my record? Damn, no!
And what about Marco Marchi!?
Argh, no no no!
Ok Ladies and Fellas, Yes, I won 123 GP!
Yeah, I know, you know the story of 122, but after a punctual study of my whole life, and clickety click, it's a barbatrick, I won the second manche in the 750 class in 70's!
Yeah, it's true, 123!
Right! Ok?

Perfect.

Desmosedici GP

and Benelli 500GP


Suzuki TR500


Honda NSR500


BSA Rocket3


Kawasaki KR250


MV 500GP


 Yamaha TZ500



And all together now:



And what about this Queen.
Simply perfect.


She won 63 rcae on 120.
3 times Riders World Champions.
3 times Factory Champions.


The heavy lethal weapon designed by Pierre Terblanche and made in Borgo Panigale, She kicked a lot of gASS in her career.

The 851,

The Grandfather of the Ducati desmoquattro.


And now come with me in the Box


 And say hello to these Gentlemen Drivers.



FERRARI BOX.



They use to drive these beasts:

FERRARI FXX K





A Monster made in Maranello that you can't use on the road.
You can't partecipate in a world series.
But you can use it in private events organized by Ferrari itself.
The pure form of love for engeeniring.
Cause every file recorded on track will be used by Reparto Corse and Factory like courseworks for the next generation of Red hypercars.
The most expensive form of love for driving experince.
Very close to Art and Onanism.
V12 Engine, 6262cc (860hp at 9250rpm) and upgraded with KERS (190hp).
Full power: 1050 hp.
1165Kg.

Another great Brand, based in Emilia Romagna, not so far from Maranello, decided to walk down this road.
But this is another, Amazing Story, called NCR: REborn Identity.




And now Ladies and Fellas, as in a brand new stream of consciousness:
Pics and Vids, that follow an imaginary line, will guide you inside Imola Track.
(pssssssss, Do you wanna know the truth? It's easy, I'll show pics instead of explaining everything, but shhhh! don't tell anyone, and enjoy the experience!).













Next stop?
What da hell!
Always Imola, but inside the real Formula1.


The F1 made by squared balls drivers, without TC, radio box, and other similar things.
Stay also tuned for my review of the new NCR, a preview on WorldSBK that will land in Misano for the Pink Night.
And, damn.
Stop. I will translate something, I will explain something else.
I will read, I will partecipate at WDW, and I will live full throttle (maybe not full, but close to red zone..)
Stay with us Fellas and you will not regret this!
I swear, I'll take you there again! Cross my heart!

CIAOOOOO!
Luca









































Post più popolari