AND RACING DANGEROUS.. LAST CHAPTER. MAYBE..

Hello, my Goodfellas!
This is my last chapter dedicated to "Protect yourself, cause nobody cares about you on the road".
The title was so evocative for me.
There is a very thin line that connects sex and motorcycles or cars racing.  Strong emotions, high risks...
Quoting Rush:
They could never have imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile that it would possess us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Nursie, men love women, but even more than that, men love cars.

But we got one life, the risk makes riders and drivers live. It's about the closeness to the risk of losing everything. 
A very big problem. Probably unsolvable.
But we can protect, yes, like in casual sex.
As I told you in the last post, my last crash accident makes me more careful about my health.



I had a lot of accident, sometimes I had the forces to stand up, sometimes I needed the help of the rig, fractured pelvis, broken left collarbone and broken first metatarsal.
All of these riding my bikes.
Every time, or better, often only with a jet helmet. 
Now I Use every day some tips to protect me in the easy and right way:


FIRST: For mid-long trip, I USE ONLY FULL FACE HELMETS (check here the list)
NEXX XG100 little review:




Amazing vintage helmet, soundproofed but not too much, you could hear only wind noise over 1100 km/h, but not so annoying. The fit, like the last post, I got a micro head for my height, and I use to buy M or S, in this case, the M size fit at well, very good materials inside: leather around the head and synth pied de poule at the top, very nice colors combination! The price? 205€ shipping included!



SECOND: Boots are always the perfect solution, but not so practical for work or walking during the stop for refueling Icon Overlord pics. I bought also these: 
ALPINESTARS FASTER 2 



Comfortable like a high sneaker, but with protection on malleolus and all the foot.
Bought 1 year ago on Wheelup.it e-shop. The price? 113.3€ with shipping. Want more? You can always ride with sneakers, but I don't bet on your safety...


THIRD: Who watches your back? I got a new friend, light but strong, his name is Manis, made by Dainese, that is a name that stands for quality. 
DAINESE MANIS

Back protector certified according to the standard EN1621.2/2003 (Level 2)
Articulated external plates with controlled mobility, made of polypropylene with perforated and corrugated structure.
Inner core in perforated Crash absorb®
Localized comfort padding

Ergonomics and Comfort: Back protector with 4 degrees of freedom, Longitudinal stretch, Longitudinal Bending, Torsion, Lateral bending controlled by special tensioners, External perforated plates, Crash Absorb® perforated absorption material, Reduced contact area.

Do you know Manis Pangolin? Nope? Here for you!




I got also another full body armor: ideal for off road use, not so good for street riding, I felt my body compressed, unnatural movements. better go dirty ;-).
DAINESE MANIS. Price 135€ + 6€ for delivery. Amazing. Feel free to move as you want on the bike, seems very strong. But I hope to live only with this feeling and don't test on my skin.


FOURTH: My ALIKE jeans, look like Alpinestars but with a lower cost.

ALIKE TECH DENIM DARK BLUE






They are cheap, with a good fit and looks great. Made in Denim and Aramidic fiber has also knee protector lev.1 and hip Alike protector (optional) at lev.2.



Got also a very flexible POLYSTRETCH fiber in the crotch, that could save our jewels!


FIFTH: Gloves, save your hands, ALWAYS. I got three pairs.
DAINESE AIR HERO: Good leather gloves ideal for spring time, or early summer time. 





I got the VR46 edition, bought for 60€ instead of 84,90€ in Dainese online Store . I always used mx or sm gloves, so the sensibility for me with this gloves it is not excellent, but I can't say that it's bad. Need to use a lot to have a very good confidence. STANDARD CAT. II LEV. 1

SIDI FLASH-R EVO: My birthday present from my friends. 

I used since 3rd of June, well. I'm in love. As the Dainese the Spidi is Lev.1 standard protection, but are very light! It feels to ride with your naked hands. But has High Resistant Suede microfiber in the palm and Variable-density polyurethane shield having shock absorber functions


ICON DEADFALL: A second skin gloves! 



Protection level? Lower, only a thin leather layer on the palm, and a D3O protection on the knuckles. but in hot summer day, for my short trip house-work and work-house it's perfect. Max sensibility and max flexibility! I will not recommend you to use for a long trip! Too many risks and minimum protection in case of a crash.

I'm not talking about revolutionary protection gears, but about objects that everybody can buy. They could save your legs and something more
And apologies for it being so minimal.
But I have a question for you:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
#watchmen



Post più popolari