RACER GLOVES. OR HOW TO RIDE IN COLD TIME AND FACE WINTERFELL

Goodmorning Goodmorning Goodfellas!
How are you? Well? Good?
Spent good time? Lazy Sunday or catched some
This is a spinoff of EICMA2017: THE JOURNEY.


So maybe I will spoiler something, or maybe not.
And you can read as a separate chapter or as its own story.
There was a time...
No, wait. This is not a fiction.
But it was.
Wednesday.
9.47 am.
One message in the box.
A meeting.
Business meeting.
My first.

The message comes from RACER GLOVES. 

The Racer Gloves team was at Eicma to present their new motorcycle gloves collection.
Damn, how could I miss this opportunity?
Time.
I went two times in their Hall, but for one thing or another, we had no possibility to talk.
A strange false-friend, the time. Sometimes you could be in, sometimes not.
Wednesday time did not collaborate.
But in the end, of the day, something strange happened.
Outside the Hall 11, while a taking a walk outside the EXPO I saw my contact, Mlle Laetitia Brunet, International Sales Manager of RACER.
Time, that for all the day did not collaborate, at that precise moment was perfect.
Once inside the very first thing that keeps all my attention was these pair of gloves:
Don't know why, but immediately I felt that had something special.
I jumped back in time.


Vintage colors, well-used leathers, and that jack: 



Racer Gloves, A company based in France from 1927,  Salon-de-Provence. They made ski, bike and high-performance motorcycle gloves.
Developed in France by a high skilled equip produce in Asia from the best leather crafters.
But all started with ski gloves.
With only one and real target: to improve what they did year by year, step by step, and to achieve the perfection in comfort and performance.
"Yes of course, everyone says this" you could think.
Yes of course I answer.
Why? Because they applied their background, their know-how learned from the extreme condition of the ski, to motorcycle gloves.
Cold resistance with a real comfort zone.
The aim is clear.
But what is the difference between Racer and other Brands?
Human factor. This is what distinguishes Racer.
The craftsmanship and the ability to have a great product at the right price.
Once inside another thing kept my attention, better a woman: at their stand, there was a little corner, with a woman behind a Singer sewing machine.



Well, my grandmother was also a seamstress, and admire her ability behind the sewing machine to cut and sew gloves, customizing...


She reminded me my Grandma. Silence, only her tools, and her concentration.
Human factor I said. And that appears to everyone on the team staff.
Professional without being haughty.
I spent with them a great hour.
By the way, this is not a hymn, and I'm not a poet.
I'm a rider, graduated in law, that I like to write what happens to me.
What I see through my eyes.
And this was a screenshot of that day.

This year RACER brought two news:


The Heated Gloves
The Connected Gloves
Start with the first:
A dream that comes true for everyone that use to ride in fall and winter time:
Warm hands for hours.
No cold, no unnecessary risks for numb hands.
You know.. I had a first-hand experience.
And damn, they were comfortable and really warm, not hot!
You got three step of heat, light, medium and high level.


A red led will tell you the level, but the interesting experience was the feeling.
The heat is radiated rationally: more intense on the fingers, the most exposed zone of the hand while we grabbing the handlebars.
What else? The protections, of course.
We ride motorcycles that are able to speed up fast as hell or to corner in a click, and the gloves have also to be straight.


No worry Fellas: soft knuckle protectors, gel pads on fingers and palm and Polymax® insert for 100% waterproofness and breathability made it will always help you when you need!
Fast charge (thanks to a mini USB port) gives an instant warm.
Tried for few minutes, it's simply amazing.
Different range prices to satisfy most of us. From 289€ for the long model, for a long ride and extended travel, till the cheapest that cost only 149€.


Ready to use in our everyday urban riding, motorbike scooter, and bike commuting. Or also like a casual glove, this will be your choice.



The second news is a revolutionary news.


We live in a Connected World.
We can ignore this aspect of our life.
Live our story watching and do nothing. Passively see the change.
Or we could use these connections to make the World a better and safer place.
How?
Let's start with little things.
Connected Gloves:

Made in collaboration with LIBERTY RIDER app, these gloves are a great ally.
High level of protections combine a microprocessor connected with the GPS and the app and warns you.
What? Wich warn?
We are fast, we look great on our motorcycles or bikes. We could ride for miles jumping the traffic.
But we are also the more vulnerable road users.
As the Heated gloves, we find 3 LEDs that buzz and flash corresponding to the danger zone:
1Km flash.
600m and 200m red flash intense.


How could it be possible?
Liberty Rider is a smart connected community: using the app you could report and point out on the map where the danger is located.
Sounds great right?
But the Best is yet to come:
These gloves got an ace in the hole.
Remeber AntMan?

On the thumb, you got a button, click it and send fast as a blink the danger zone to all the riders community.
This is a great and smart solution, capable to save many lives.
Meaning of DANGER: Road accidents; bad weather or storm or snow; broken down trees; rough and dirt roads...
Imagine a Danger Radar, smart enough to tell you in sizable advance when to exacerbate more your own reflexes.
Connections: they've never been so grandiose.
What do you think about?
Available in May 2018.
To be Connected all the time does not necessarily mean downside.
These kind of connections are useful, safe, smart and cheap:
around 80€.
Want more? Check in a parallel world, maybe you are lucky and could find something better: cause here we are very close to perfection.

Remember: all of these facts happened in only one hour.
I shot a lot of pics, that you have seen while reading my post.
Talked with a skilled Manager.
And I learned a lot of new things.
But this is not the end.
I will wait for EICMA2018 to see the evolution of this BRAND, and more news from RACER GLOVES.
But even this is not the end.

HAILWOOD.

A BIG name.
You spell it and your mind starts a race on a red and green bike.
Mike the Bike, an Ordinary Hero.
A name that comes from a time when sex was safe and motor racing dangerous.
Real Race Gloves my Racer Gloves, pardon my pun.
Long leather gloves, fully protected with ViscoLab IMPACT KNUCKLE: real durable softness.


Are also soft, and smell good, I love the leather smell!



These gloves are equipped with THERMOFITCONTROL, able to keep warm inside, to eliminate humidity and to stop the cold and water getting through, but this is a simple copy & paste from the labe.
Take a closer look:

Check this material, it looks like a lot of little mirrors: these prints reflect the pigments of the skin keeping warm inside the gloves. More than smart!
This, for me, was an amazing present.
Not only because it is a present, but because after the first use, I have to admit that these gloves are very practical: 6 degrees outside, no problem for comfort, no problem with the cold, no problem with humidity.

Simply they give a real sense of warmth, comfort, and safety.
The cost? Around 160€.

And remember:
These are our best ten tools.
We have to care of them.



By the way...
In addition to all these amazing products, that seem to come from the future, RACER GLOVES produce also an amazing vintage line gloves.
And this is a simply preview..






And also MX gloves:

I'm sorry, the time just flew.
One last goodbye.




CLOSING REMARKS

Well, what could I say at the end?
That I had got a great opportunity to meet RACER Team at EICMA2017.
First, thanks to Pauline, that from Headquarter texted me to reach the Team.
Last, but not least, I want to express a warm (heated technology trademark) thanks to Mlle Laetitia.
A great skilled manager, a top mind.


But before that a real and genuine person.
That trusted me and in this blog, I hope.
That told me everything about RACER brand.
That also gave me a fresh glass of water, and damn, this is very important!
That gave me, from her hands, the opportunity mentioned above:
To own and test my HAILWOOD.
And to change idea about the usual brands in motorcycle sector.
A real pleasure to meet you.

After all these words, all of these pics, OK EDITOR, ARE YOU FINISHED?

Maybe my post will not convince you at all.
But this is not my aim. You could stay on your own ideas about gloves.
And I'll respect yours.
But trust me when I say to give a look, to give a chance to this team.
I had the opportunity to change.
To change my habits, to change idea.
And to ride (in) a different way.
I know it's hard, or could be only idleness.
But if you never try, you will never know..
Now, you can do what you want..
It's really late.
Don't waste your time sitting around reading this post.
Go outside and have fun!


I'll do right now: I'll take a ride!



And remember to take care of you and be careful.
PS, remember also to read the next post: EICMA2017: OVER HALL ABOVE HALL
Because there are a lot of bikes that you have to see.
A lot of stories behind and great people that you have to meet!
See Ya!


FOR ANY INFO YOU NEED, WRITE ME OR CONTACT DIRECTLY:

RACER GLOVES
my contact inside the brand Mlle Brunet
INSTAGRAM
and
LIBERTY RIDER APP/COMMUNITY
To know more about LIBERTY RIDER ask to MARION





Post più popolari