RACER GLOVES: The Spirit of The SPRINT 2.0

Good Morning Good Morning GoodFellas!


Do you know Fellas the quote about your fingers?
That quote that talk about fingers as our best ten tools?
Here the pic that I like the most:


Right, it's true. For years I never used gloves to ride or to do something on my bike. I used always to sit on and take the most tortuous road.
But, because you will always find a "BUT" in your life, sometimes you could be in a terrible spot. Maybe your fault maybe not. But doesn't matter, because there's our life on the line.
I broke a good number of my bones in 15 years of riding: left collarbone the first, pelvis to follow, first right metatarsus (compound fracture), head trauma, left heel. Ah right, my right sinus. Every crash one injury. And the most painful situation was to not use my hands, always scratched, bleeding. Incapable to do anything for weeks.
After my last crash with my little bastard 2stroke (2013 I think), I understood the lesson.
I stopped to spend money on junky things and bought my first protections.
After 5 years I continued to crash, most of the time for some idiots that were doing other than drive (watching smartphone or smoking cigarettes..) but I reduced at the minimum the risk of injuries.
And, first of all, my hands will be always protected by a good pair of gloves.

I changed a lot of brands, from gloves made by the demon speed to the alpine stars. Some are good, but very expensive, some were a real delusion: poor materials that ruin faster, colors fade.
And the question, why I had to trust your words? I'm not a pro, I'm not that guy who is able to bank his bike like the horizon, and I'm not that one who talks just for the sake of talking.
I got only few €€€ to spend in protection gears, and I want to spend them in the right way.
Last year I met Laetitia Brunet, International Sales Manager of RACER GLOVES at EICMA2017.


Well, I never heard the brand, but I was immediately impressed by their vocational work:
A woman total concentrated on cutting and sewing one pair of gloves.


And the real innovation, that one that you say, damn, this is really cool for our safety: the Connected Gloves.
Gloves that could save your and other lives with only one button, and the Chemical Brothers are ready to scream: Push that Button!


By the way, today I'm here to talk about two RACER GLOVES models. Very different for destination use, but with the same safety and quality standards.


From my Fall/Winter 17/18 the Hailwood, the heavy weight gloves that will show you in your fast attack at the track. Yes, because the Hailwood, as the name will whisper, are gloves race oriented. Long, with 3 DO protections on the palm, reinforcement in Ergoflex on the knuckle and a smart ThermoFitControl linen inside: a sort of mirror that reflect the warm of our body inside the gloves, with a real loss of heat.

Fully leather outside for an high level comfort and durability, they will bring  you everywhere, that for me it's Misano World Circuit.



And now, my last pair of RACER GLOVES: the SPRINT 2.0
I never met the SPRINT first series, so can't say nothing about. Or maybe yes?
".. they were too bulky, too warm and not so sporty..".



From the first generation to this one it's the same difference between a 80's Sport Bike and a modern SuperMotard. Both got two wheels, but the feelings that they gives are totally different.
This is why I love my Sprint 2.0.
I use my Hypermotard almost everyday. Rain sun fog, no snow, they told me that could be a little bit dangerous. And after tons of gloves, I think I found the perfect pair.


After three riding session they were simply perfect on my hands, great feelings, amazing sensitivity and total control when for example I have to close my D-ring helmet, never happened before.
This pair of SPRINT are Spring Summer oriented, they are short, with ventilated leather back.
As the Hailwood they come with 3 DO protection on palm and hard knuckles shield.
For me they are simply perfect.
I mean, I like a lot the Hailwood, but the more protection of these gloves crashed with a lower sense of sensibility  and sensitivity. For sure, if I have to ride on track i prefer this surplus of protection, but for my everyday joyride, the SPRINT 2.0 it's simply the best choice.



Not only for me, "..I’ve made a sporty glove without being a racing glove, a full leather with perforated parts. A perfect glove for twisty road and urban move on a Dorsoduro/Hypermotard..".
Word of Kingdom creator of the SPRINT 2.0.

We will wait you at EICMA 2018 HALL 22 BOOTH U41!

And remember, #PROTECTYOURSELF !

Post più popolari