EICMA 2018: BROUGH SUPERIOR SS100 PENDINE

Brough Superior SS100/Pendine


My name is not Thomas Edward Lawrence, Lawrence of Arabia. I’m not a spy, not an archeologist, even a soldier of her Majesty’s Armed Force.


I’m not rich, and I’m not a pro racer. But I’m a dreamer, and I also live next to the sea, and in two-step and I’m with my feet on the sand.
And this is the Pendine Sand Racer, called in this way because the great speed record of 180km/h or 110mph, gained in 1925 with a Brough Superior SS100 modified for the race. And now, try to imagine to ride fast as you were being chased by evil, on the sand, without modern helmet and protections. Squared steel balls, right?!


And I look on my seaside, daydreaming a similar situation. In a modern way.
Like the new Brough Superior Pendine Racer: a 997cc V-Twin Euro4 homologated: 100 Hp at 9800rpm and 89 Nm at 8000rpm. And if you are so insatiable, there is a kit sport that increases the performance till 130 Hp at 8000rpm and 120 Nm at 6400rpm.
The weight? 196kg dry divided in 50-50%.
That’s all Fellas! Want more? I think not.


Price starts from 60000€. But do you really want to price dreams?
Thanks, George Brough. Ok, maybe the new it’s only a reinterpretation, but for me, it’s a good way to restyle a pillar of motorcycle story.

Post più popolari